Audio stops working after receiving call on iOS

Audio stops working after receiving call on iOS

douglasmccarroll
Hi All,

In my Apache Flex app (Flex 4.16, AIR 25) running on iOS, all audio stops working if/when the user receives a phone call, or even if the phone just rings once.

If the user then leaves the app, i.e. presses the phone's home key, then returns, the problem goes away.

I'm guessing that I have to do something in response to the app's DEACTIVATE or ACTIVATE events, like this:

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.ACTIVATE, onActivateApp);
NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.DEACTIVATE, onDeactivateApp);
   private function onActivateApp(event:Event):void {
      // do something here
   }
   private function onDeactivateApp(event:Event):void {
      // and/or here
   }
... and I've tried calling SoundMixer.stopAll() when the app deactivates, but that doesn't help...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Douglas