Assets.Car Problem via IntelliJ

npem
Hi,
I have a problem with the new iStore requirements
For an Asset.car file

I used the website at:
*http://applicationloader.net/appuploader/icontool.php
*
Which produced png’s and an Assets.car file
All of which I copied to the src directory

I then edited the -app.xml file to include,
Within the <icon> section

*<image29x29>Icon-Small.png</image29x29>
<image40x40>Icon-Small-40.png</image40x40>
…… ….
…. ….
<image167x167>Icon-167.png</image167x167>
<image180x180>Icon-180.png</image180x180>*

I previously had entries for a few of these under:

But commented these out

I also
*Project Structure -> Modules -> iOS
Added all the image files and the Assets.car file “to package”*

All seemed to work, but when I uploaded to the iStore I get:
* ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path
referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'Icon-167.png'"
                ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path
referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': '[hidden email]'"*
Plus a another 5 lines for the different image Paths

*Anyone offer an example of how I would use
CFBundleIcons for 2 (as an example) icons
And where to put them in the xml file*

Any help would be gratefully appreciated
Phil:-)

/I am using:
IntelliJ 2017
Flex 4.16.1
AIR29/

Re: Assets.Car Problem via IntelliJ

Erik J. Thomas
You need the icons that were added to your Assets.car file to also be in the package root of the IPA. You can unpack the .car (it's just a zip) and copy all those icon files into an "excluded" IntelliJ directory at the root of your project, like "icons" and then copy them to the package root by adding a directive:

command+;
select your module
select iOS tab
add to "Files and folders to package":

Re: Assets.Car Problem via IntelliJ

Erik J. Thomas
Oops, I stand corrected. Assets.car is not a zip file. My bad.

But the icons the online tool built should be available to copy to your icons folder. Remember, they won't necessarily be the same names as the icons you provided to the tool.

Bottom line is you need the built icons in IPA root as duplicate of those in the Assets.car.

Erik

On May 8, 2018, at 10:26 AM, Erik J. Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

You need the icons that were added to your Assets.car file to also be in the package root of the IPA. You can unpack the .car (it's just a zip) and copy all those icon files into an "excluded" IntelliJ directory at the root of your project, like "icons" and then copy them to the package root by adding a directive:

command+;
select your module
select iOS tab
add to "Files and folders to package":

Re: Assets.Car Problem via IntelliJ

npem
THX Eric,
I believe I have all the necessary icons which are in the Assets file
(As this was auto generated as were the icons from the website mentioned)
 in the same location as the Assets file,
Ie in the src directory, as shown

Phil:-(

On 8 May 2018, at 18:53, Erik J. Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

So, summary so far,
All the (I believe) correct Images and the Asset.car file are in the Compiled App
I looked and they are in the root directory of the App

When I upload to the iStore I get:
                ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'Icon-167.png'"
                ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': '[hidden email]’"

Phil

> [...]
>>> …. ….
>>> <image167x167>Icon-167.png</image167x167>
>>> <image180x180>Icon-180.png</image180x180>*
>>>
>>> I previously had entries for a few of these under:
>>>
>>> But commented these out
>>>

>>> I also
>>> *Project Structure -> Modules -> iOS
>>> Added all the image files and the Assets.car file “to package”*
>>>
>>> All seemed to work, but when I uploaded to the iStore I get:
>>> * ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path
>>> referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'Icon-167.png'"
>>> ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path
>>> referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': '[hidden email]'"*
>>> Plus a another 5 lines for the different image Paths
>>>

>>> *Anyone offer an example of how I would use
>>> CFBundleIcons for 2 (as an example) icons
>>> And where to put them in the xml file*
>>>
>>> Any help would be gratefully appreciated

UPDATE
OK, not All the Image files are in the root folder
THX to ERIC for getting me to relook at this:-(

I used:
The Program Structure -> Modules -> iOS - > Files and Folders to Package had
……../src/APPLE_ASSETS (path to the Assets.car and images) on the LHS
And
 .  (ie dot) on the RHS pane

And then I had to add some icon entries to get it to compile

But no all Image files are in the root directory???

Is there a command (not directly using ADT) I can add to one of the IntelliJ IDEA panes to copy the contents of
The ASSETS directory to the root of the IPA

TIA

Phil.

> On 9 May 2018, at 07:30, Philip Medlam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So, summary so far,
> All the (I believe) correct Images and the Asset.car file are in the Compiled App
> I looked and they are in the root directory of the App
>
> When I upload to the iStore I get:
> ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'Icon-167.png'"
> ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': '[hidden email]’"
>

> Phil
>
>> On 8 May 2018, at 22:00, Philip Medlam <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> No, it’s not working,
>> But adding the Icon files and the Assets file via
>> Project Structure -> Modules -> iOS
>> Puts those files in the build, which I have an image of Below or via:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd13fjp1zy11tm1/2.tiff?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd13fjp1zy11tm1/2.tiff?dl=0>
>>
>> <2.tiff>
>>
>> Phil
>>

>>> On 8 May 2018, at 21:07, Erik J. Thomas <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you saying this is working now? Because simply adding them all to your src directory will NOT make this work.
>>>
>>> The icons need to be copied to the package root folder of the IPA during the build. Placing files in src will NOT do that for you. Move all your src/icons to a separate directory outside of src, and add a File Copy directive to the iOS tab in your project module settings in IntelliJ IDEA.
>>>
>>> Do a release packaging of your app, and go into the output directory and find the IPA file, and open it to view the contents of the IPA and ensure Assets.car and all the icon files are in the package root folder of the IPA. If so, then you should be good to go.
>>>
>>> On May 8, 2018, at 11:59 AM, Philip Medlam <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> THX Eric,
>>> I believe I have all the necessary icons which are in the Assets file
>>> (As this was auto generated as were the icons from the website mentioned)
>>>  in the same location as the Assets file,
>>> Ie in the src directory, as shown
>>>
>>> <1.tiff>
>>>
>>> Phil:-(

Re: Assets.Car Problem via IntelliJ

npem
Maybe a solution:

I simply added the Assets.car file via
> Program Structure -> Modules -> iOS - > Files and Folders
And added ONLY the Assets.car file (No Image Files)

Nothing regarding the Icons or the Assets.car file in the .xml file

So, far it compiled and uploaded to iStore, await to see if it passes
Muster with Apple.

Will keep all informed

> On 9 May 2018, at 11:07, Philip Medlam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> UPDATE
> OK, not All the Image files are in the root folder
> THX to ERIC for getting me to relook at this:-(
>
> I used:
> The Program Structure -> Modules -> iOS - > Files and Folders to Package had
> ……../src/APPLE_ASSETS (path to the Assets.car and images) on the LHS
> And
>  .  (ie dot) on the RHS pane
>
> And then I had to add some icon entries to get it to compile
>
> But no all Image files are in the root directory???
>
> Is there a command (not directly using ADT) I can add to one of the IntelliJ IDEA panes to copy the contents of
> The ASSETS directory to the root of the IPA
>
> TIA
>
> Phil.
>
>> On 9 May 2018, at 07:30, Philip Medlam <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> So, summary so far,
>> All the (I believe) correct Images and the Asset.car file are in the Compiled App
>> I looked and they are in the root directory of the App
>>
>> When I upload to the iStore I get:
>> ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': 'Icon-167.png'"
>> ERROR ITMS-90032: "Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key 'CFBundleIcons': '[hidden email]’"
>>

>> Phil
>>
>>> On 8 May 2018, at 22:00, Philip Medlam <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> No, it’s not working,
>>> But adding the Icon files and the Assets file via
>>> Project Structure -> Modules -> iOS
>>> Puts those files in the build, which I have an image of Below or via:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd13fjp1zy11tm1/2.tiff?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd13fjp1zy11tm1/2.tiff?dl=0>
>>>
>>> <2.tiff>
>>>
>>> Phil

Re: Assets.Car Problem via IntelliJ

npem
Hi Eric,
I did as you requested and the I Packaged the Air Application successfully.

If I also add the Images, it does not compile as I would also need to have
(At least I believe I would)
Entries such as
<image29x29>Icon-Small.png</image29x29>
I cannot upload it to the iStore as I have already uploaded a version of the App with only

Phil.