Apache Flex for iOS

Diogo Vieira
Hi Guys,

I have an application in Adobe Flash for the Android platform. But now, i
need to create for iOS. So, I came across some doubts.

1- Do you have any impact on the source code for publishing to iOS?

2- Do I need a Macbook to create or publish my application?

3- Will I be able to create my application without problems in Apache Flex
version 4.16.1?

Thanks,

Diogo Vieira

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

chris_flex
1- Do you have any impact on the source code for publishing to iOS?
-> You should look into the AppDescriptor...

2- Do I need a Macbook to create or publish my application?
-> You need a Mac for publishing (or use some online service publishing your
app ...)

3- Will I be able to create my application without problems in Apache Flex
version 4.16.1?
-> I am not sure if it is be the best time to switch to Apache Flex...

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

piotrz
Hi Chris,

Can you tell why it is not the best time to switch to Apache Flex ?

pon., 9 lip 2018 o 18:57 chris_flex <[hidden email]> napisaƂ(a):

> 1- Do you have any impact on the source code for publishing to iOS?
> -> You should look into the AppDescriptor...
>
> 2- Do I need a Macbook to create or publish my application?
> -> You need a Mac for publishing (or use some online service publishing
> your
> app ...)
>
> 3- Will I be able to create my application without problems in Apache Flex
> version 4.16.1?
> -> I am not sure if it is be the best time to switch to Apache Flex...

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

hugo
1- Do you have any impact on the source code for publishing to iOS?
If you use a ANE that is target only for Android => Yes.
You have to proper configure application descriptor.

2- Do I need a Macbook to create or publish my application?
Typically yes but I read about a way to do that on a windows machine.
I will need to create a assets car icon file and that requires a macOS
however there is free online services do that for you.

3- Will I be able to create my application without problems in Apache Flex
version 4.16.1?
I'm using Apache Flex (since Adobe Flex) for both Windows, macOS, Android
and iOS without issues however that was the past and the present.
I don't know about the future.
I don't really believe in issues with Flex on a near future.
The issue is about AIR, if there is a change on the Apple Store that AIR
could not follow but that danger is present on every runtime.
The only option bullet prof is to go for native development.

4 - Do you have to pay and do I have setup issues ?
Yes, yes and yes.
You have to pay a annually fee.
You have to configure a lot of things (a macOS it's highly recommended).

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

quick6black
I was able to upload an app into Apple App store using a windows machine. I
installed VMWare, was able to patch it and install a version of MacOS.
Probably not the best way to do it, but didn't want to buy a MAC to upload
one app to the App store. BTW this was a few years ago, things may have
changed since.

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

Carlos Rovira-2
I saw a similar workflow from a college (VM on a Windows machine) some
months ago, so I think, this is still a solution to avoid invest in a Mac
only to upload an app.

> I was able to upload an app into Apple App store using a windows machine. I
> installed VMWare, was able to patch it and install a version of MacOS.
> Probably not the best way to do it, but didn't want to buy a MAC to upload
> one app to the App store. BTW this was a few years ago, things may have
> changed since.

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

jaco
My best suggestion for iOS/osX development avoiding mac hw is to build up an
hackintosh: can use unexpensive pc components since 2010, dual boot, same
enviroment, etc.

:)
jaco

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

leokan23
Same here. I am using a VM ware with the latest available macos (high sierra)
to submit the apps. You don't need a mac to develop or build the .ipa,
however creating the needed certificates is a lot easier on a macos than on
windows machines.

Concerning flex, it get's good performance on ios devices but you might have
issues on android. Still a good overall solution.

Re: Apache Flex for iOS

Microsftcompany Award compensa

Attention:

This is to notify the above Beneficiary that we have received a notification from Microsoft company to award you with the sum of $900,000.00 (Nine Hundred Thousand United State Dollars Only) from a random collection award compensation of the year 2018. Please confirm your address as stated above to enable us prepare your Visa Credit Card ATM Card containing your winning payment for delivery to you.

We look forward to read from you and to re-confirm your address. Congratulation.

OFFICE OF -  [ATM-NYC]
MISS. JANET WALTON

 Subject: Re: Apache Flex for iOS
 To: [hidden email]