Quantcast

Anyone using IntelliJ for Flex Dev?

Erik J. Thomas
Hey all:

Long time Flex developer (started with Flex Builder 2) currently working on a mobile app for iOS and Android.

Finally took the plunge to switch from FlashBuilder 4.7 to IntelliJ with Flex plug in as my IDE.

Was just wondering if anyone on this list is using IntelliJ for Flex mobile development? It works great for the most part, especially web apps, but there are some issues configuring it with custom application descriptors and packaging for IOS/Android using AIR that appear to require some time figuring custom ADT options to get assets deployed to IPA root.

I'd be willing to engage a consultant for a few hours to help get us get these issues worked out.

Unfortunately, IntelliJ user community is so small, my posts to that forum go unanswered. Thought I'd reach out for paid help.

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks.

Erik

Erik Thomas
Chief Architect

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Re: Anyone using IntelliJ for Flex Dev?

Paul Moreau
I recently switched from FB to IntelliJ also.

For the most part the switch was fairly pain free but I do find the auto complete & syntax highlighting to be a bit buggy particularly in <fx:Script > blocks in my mxml files.

My main issue is this one : https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-106027  which there is no timeline on fixing.

Aside from that my app builds & packages exactly as it did in FlashBuilder.

If you could send some details about the specific issues you are having or provide links to the forums where you posted maybe someone in here could offer some help ?

Thanks,

Paul

--
DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in
email or any attachment.

Re: Anyone using IntelliJ for Flex Dev?

Michael Gaston
Hello, Smart People:

I do not use IntelliJ for Flex Dev. However, I wish to offer my services as a web developer. I have one year experience and my GPA is 3.7 from a regionally accredited university.

I can program all kinds of web pages. I have skills in the following languages and frameworks:

Django
Rails
Zend
Meteor
Node
JBoss
ReactJS
Backbone
Angular
Ember
Vue
Drupal
Joomla
Wordpress
Silverstripe

Also:
Python, Ruby, C, C++, C#, Java, Javascript, Visual Basic, Flex,Actionscript, you name it, I know it.

Please respond if you are interested in hiring me, an omnipotent web developer with many years experience in all languages listed above. I am 20 years old and will work much harder than  programmers that should have retired a long time ago.

If you are not interested, please remove me from your list. ( WINK, WINK)

HAVE A NICE DAY,
YOUR AWESOME WEB DEVELOPER,

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:09 PM, Erik J. Thomas <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
[...]

[cid:12B2045C-930A-42BA-8B4E-91C3953F7BD8]

http://linqto.com<http://linqto.com/>

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

--
DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in
any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that you have received the message
and then please destroy. Zutec  Ltd is not responsible for any changes
made to this message and / or any attachments after sending by Zutec. We use virus
scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or anything similar in this
email or any attachment.

Re: Anyone using IntelliJ for Flex Dev?

Gary Yang
Just use Grade Fx plugin, Google it, it's perfect with intelliJ

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017, 7:27 AM Michael Gaston <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
> use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
> strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender and delete all copies.
>

> --
> DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is
> confidential.
> If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the
> contents in
> any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that you have received the
> message
> and then please destroy. Zutec  Ltd is not responsible for any changes
> made to this message and / or any attachments after sending by Zutec. We
> use virus
> scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or anything

Christofer Dutz
I’m not using anything else than IntelliJ ;-)
Haven’t used FB for more than 8 years now … never missed anything.

Chris

Von: "Erik J. Thomas" <[hidden email]>
Antworten an: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Datum: Donnerstag, 6. April 2017 um 23:09
An: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Anyone using IntelliJ for Flex Dev?

[...]

PastedGraphic-1.tiff<cid:12B2045C-930A-42BA-8B4E-91C3953F7BD8>