Any tools to convert svg to fxg?

chris_flex
Searching for a tool to convert svg to fxg as I had to upgrade to Animate CC
I only found http://www.realcreation.com/S2F_Converter/ which is not
working. Are there any tools out there which can be used to convert svg to
fxg?

And - are there any disadvantages in using SVG instead of FXG in Flex?

Re: Any tools to convert svg to fxg?

Greg Dove
I don't know if it still supports it in recent releases but I understand
Inkscape had fxg export (at least it did so at one point).

see:
http://blog.devinholloway.com/2013/08/using-inkscape-to-generate-fxg-from.html

Because Inkscape's primary format is SVG it might be a good option
(assuming fxg is still supported, or perhaps you can install an older
version where it was if it is no longer supported).

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 4:58 PM, chris_flex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Searching for a tool to convert svg to fxg as I had to upgrade to Animate
> CC
> I only found http://www.realcreation.com/S2F_Converter/ which is not
> working. Are there any tools out there which can be used to convert svg to
> fxg?
>
> And - are there any disadvantages in using SVG instead of FXG in Flex?

Depends on what you are using the FXG graphic for.  You can embed SVG in
Flex as an image, but you cannot manipulate the inner elements as
individual DOM elements like you can do in HTML.