Accepting Payment on Mobile

bilbosax
I have been looking into Stripe and Paypal to accept subscription payments to use my app on mobile devices.  Unfortunately, none of the solutions look that straightforward to use because nobody has an AIR api for payment solutions.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?  I was thinking that I may be able to create a web payment interface on my web server, and when a user clicked the "pay" button in my app, a stagewebview would open and display the payment page that exists on my webserver.

Does anyone have any payment solutions that they have gotten to work with AIR on mobile?

Thx

Re: Accepting Payment on Mobile

clintm
Actionscript api
https://github.com/Khaledgarbaya/AS3-PayPal-API

Air native extension
https://airnativeextensions.com/extension/com.distriqt.PayPalSDK

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 9:03 PM, bilbosax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been looking into Stripe and Paypal to accept subscription payments
> use my app on mobile devices.  Unfortunately, none of the solutions look
> that straightforward to use because nobody has an AIR api for payment
> solutions.
>
> Does anyone have any experience doing this?  I was thinking that I may be
> able to create a web payment interface on my web server, and when a user
> clicked the "pay" button in my app, a stagewebview would open and display
> the payment page that exists on my webserver.
>
> Does anyone have any payment solutions that they have gotten to work with
> AIR on mobile?
>
> Thx

Re: Accepting Payment on Mobile

bilbosax
I appreciate the links clintm. I had already found the PayPal Native extension and will be keeping that open as an option. The problem that I face though is that I need account information that I need to save in addition to taking payments from my clients such as name, company, phone number, address, etc. Then, in their accounts, I want the ability to charge a monthly subscription as well. I thought that this all might be done more easily on a webserver that can be accessed in a stagewebview window when a user clicks the account button in my air app. So I guess the question is, if I want to store user account information as well as taking subscription payments, is doing it on a webserver a wise option for an interface with my AIR application? Is this how other people do it?

Re: Accepting Payment on Mobile

leokan23
To my understanding, you are going to charge a subscription for using the app, so why not use an IAP ANE to handle the "subscription" part via Google Play (ios might offer the same) and then a simple registration system to get the data of your user?