ADT fails to install on iPhone 11, iOS 13

ADT fails to install on iPhone 11, iOS 13

Erik Thomas-3
Anybody seen this? Using IntelliJ 2020 with ADT, and ADT fails to install debug builds from the IDE. There are no Intellij logged entries, not even the ADT command is being logged, and viewing the install from XCode Console, there isn’t even a handshake from ADT. The UI shows it being installed for a moment and then it waits to connect, but the app is never installed. But use a different phone and it works just fine.

It seems specific to iPhone 11 XS Max. This phone is registered in Apple Developer Device list, and included in the mobile provisioning file. The odd thing we noticed was the UUID was in a slightly different format than the UUIDs for older phones. Probably nothing, but we’re grasping at straws to make this 11 XS work.

We did try to set the phone to dev mode, but can’t figure out how to do it. There’s many conflicting and out-of-date methods of button-pushing voodoo to make it go into some weird state and they so far don’t work and I’ve never had to do that for any of my other 4 iOS devices, one of which is an iPhone X.

Thanks for any ideas.

Erik

Re: ADT fails to install on iPhone 11, iOS 13

Erik Thomas-3
I think I found the answer I Harman's AIR SDK Release notes for build 176:

"Gamua-287: Installer on MacOS now copes with iPhone XR and the newer UDID format"

So the UDID format change appears to have broken the ADT installer. We'll be upgrading our SDK from build 33.1.1.86 to latest build 33.1.1.217 soon and see if that fixes it for us.